Questions or comments? Leave them below.
Go to Settings → General
- Edit the title of your website from what was entered during the installation
- Change your tagline from the default “Just another WordPress site.”
- The email address set on this screen will be used for admin purposes—this is where a recovery email will be sent if there’s a WordPress error
- Set the timezone to where you are i.e. Toronto.
- Set your site language i.e. English (Canada)
Settings → Permalinks
Change the permalink structure from the WordPress default (Plain which uses page ids) to Post name.
This will change your URLs from
This is a one-time setting that you do when setting up a new site. Changing your URL structure after your site is live may cause broken links.