Click on each link in the list below for detailed instructions.
READY? Let’s get started
- Register a DOMAIN NAME.
- Sign up for HOSTING – we recommend WordPress Managed Hosting for workshop participants. It is the easiest and fastest option for creating a space for you to develop your website among other benefits.
- If you don’t have time before the workshop to complete steps 1 and 2, send us an email requesting a temporary WordPress installation for the workshop. NOTE: You will be able to work on this space for 2-3 weeks post workshop.
- Point the Domain to the Host.
- Download a Colour Picker Program: (optional – if you want to find hex colours to modify your site)
- Write content for each page. You’ll build your site faster if you have your content ready to paste into pages as you go.
- Bring images to insert into your site. Here are some suggested dimensions for header images and logos:
- For your header: 2100 x 400px
- For a logo: 400 x 100 px maximum. Smaller is better
- All other images can be resized during the workshop if necessary.
- A document with your hosting (ftp login) information: Fill in this PDF to create your website record. Save this file to your computer. Your FTP information is possibly the same as your hosting cpanel login information. Make sure you have this information handy during the workshop – If something breaks we need this to fix it!
- Download Firefox, Chrome or Safari for a better workshop experience. Please don’t use Internet Explorer for the workshop.
Make sure your laptop is functioning well and don’t forget to bring your power cord to the workshop!
If you complete all these steps you’ll have everything you need for an excellent workshop experience. You can always email us if you need help.