We can provide you with a development space to use for the two days or you can follow the steps below to work on your own development space.
Click on each link in the list below for detailed instruction.
READY? Let’s get started
- You already have a domain registered and hosting so that saves you a few steps. Bring a record of your domain, hosting & ftp login information. You can save this file to your computer and use it if you don’t have your website information all in one place. Download a Fillable PDF
- You have two choices here:
- We can provide you with a temporary WordPress installation (NOTE: We are not using wordpress.com this is a self-hosted WordPress installation. WordPress is installed on your web hosting account. It is not a program on your computer.) You may be able to use this space for a 2-3 weeks after the workshop. We need to reset the site before our next workshop.
- You can contact your existing host and ask them to clone your existing site to a staging area where you can work.
- Download a Colour Picker Program: (optional – if you want to find hex colours to modify your site)
- If you plan to change the images for your site, bring them. Here are some suggested dimensions for header images and logos:
- For your header: 2100 x 400px
- For a logo: 400 x 100 px or smaller is fine too
- All other images can be resized during the workshop if necessary.
- Download Chrome, Firefox or Safari for a better workshop experience. Please do not use Internet Explorer for the workshop.
Please make sure your laptop is functioning well and don’t forget to bring your power cord to the workshop!
If you complete all these steps you’ll have everything you need to have an excellent workshop experience. Email us if you need help along the way.