You are putting a lot of effort into writing good quality blog content. You probably don’t have the time to also write a separate newsletter to send to your mailing list. The good news is that you don’t have to. With MailChimp’s RSS-to-Email campaign your blog posts (or any RSS feed), can be sent as an email newsletter to your subscribers automagically.
If you haven’t already signed up for MailChimp you’ll want to start by creating an account. Next create a list and add a subscriber form to your website. Now you’re ready to create the RSS campaign.
Creating an RSS-To-Email Campaign in MailChimp
- Log in to MailChimp, and click “Create Campaign”
- From the drop-down menu select the type of campaign as “RSS-Driven Campaign“
- Enter the address of your feed. If you don’t know what your feed address is, don’t worry. Just enter your blog url and MailChimp will search for the feed address for you.
- Set a delivery schedule for your RSS email campaign. How frequently do you want to run the campaign? Every day, once a week, once a month? Which day of the week and at what time? If new posts were published on your blog, MailChimp will send your email. If there are NO updates to your blog content, no email will go out.
- Select the list to send the campaign to. If you haven’t created a mailing list, go back to this post and follow the steps. You can send to the entire list or segment the list.
- You’ll be prompted to setup the campaign information: name of the campaign, the email subject, from name and email address
- Now you can proceed to design you email template. I suggest that you choose a pre-designed template from the RSS-TO-Email category. These templates are already configured to pull your feed.
- Edit the template to personalize it with your own images and text.
- When you are happy with the results proceed through the confirmation process and click to “Start RSS Campaign“.
- Now you can focus on writing great blog content in the knowledge that your email marketing is set to autopilot.
Extend your Learning…
If you liked this post, you’ll love our WordPress Made Easy Online Course. Perfect for WordPress website owners and users who want the skills and knowledge to create and manage their WordPress website.