What is a rich pin?
Article Rich Pins drive more traffic to blog posts than regular pins. Rich pins help Pinterest understand and categorize pinned images.
Article Pins include headline, author and story description, helping Pinners find and save stories that matter to them.”
[source: Pinterest for Business]
The styling of article rich pins makes them stand out more in the Pinterest feed than non-rich pins. The post meta title will display in bold above a horizontal line followed by the pin description. Rich Pins will also display your website favicon with the pin. These rich descriptions will make your pin longer, and we know that taller pins get more attention on Pinterest.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Article Rich Pins drive more traffic to blog posts than regular pins. Here’s how to get them for your WordPress site ” quote=”Article Rich Pins drive more traffic to blog posts than regular pins. Here’s how to get them for your WordPress site.”]
5 steps to Rich Pins for your WordPress site
Rich Pins are available only for business accounts. If your Pinterest account is a personal account you’ll need to convert your personal account to a business account.
Apply to turn on rich pins for your blog
- You’re probably already using the WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin (If you’re not, go get it). Now from the bottom left of the sidebar menu click SEO → SOCIAL and check the box under the Facebook tab to Add Open Graph meta data
- Next, go to Pinterest’s Rich Pin Validator.
- Put in the link to a post (make sure the image on the page has been pinned!) and click validate
- Look for the Apply Now link and give it a click
- choose HTML Tags and APPLY NOW
Pinterest will review your request and email you when you’re approved. It took about three weeks for our rich pins to be approved. But now Pinterest has announced that they have made applying easier and you should hear back from them within one business day. Once your site is enabled for Rich Pins, all Pins that link back to pages with the correct meta tags will start appearing as Rich Pins.
If you found this helpful please pin this post and follow us on Pinterest.