NOTE: If you’ve taken the LearnWP 2-day WordPress Intensive workshop, you may have already completed one or more of these steps.
Things to know and do before the HTML & CSS Workshop:
- We will provide you with a development space to use during the workshop – you will not be working on your live website.
- Follow the instructions on how to download and install Komodo Edit here.
- Download and install Filezilla: An Open Source FTP Program (Click link for instructions)
- Our venue has a firewall that prevents us from connecting to FTP. I will demo this making a hotspot from my phone. If you want to connect to FTP you will need to make a hotspot from your phone for this portion of the workshop and bring your FTP login information (this is optional).
- Install a colour picker tool. If you’re a Mac user, follow this post: SIP for Macs. If you’re on a Windows PC, use these instructions.
- A Modern Browser – We suggest you use Chrome or Firefox browser. Read this post on Web Developer Tools. NOTE: Do NOT use Internet Explorer for this workshop. Make sure you have Chrome or Firefox installed.
PLEASE NOTE: We can’t solve everyone’s theme specific CSS issues during the class, but you can email us one or two questions ahead of time and, if time allows, we will try to address these.
If you have questions, you can always email us for support.